Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wow!

I went to the Stadium Monday.

I walked all around. A friendly guard at the bleacher entrance (under the el) whom I engaged in conversation suggested I go to the lobby (on 164th and Jerome) and ask to be taken to my seats.

Sure enough, the security people obligingly called up to the tickets department. An employee of that department named Andy came down and told me that if I had called, I would have been told “No” but since I was there he would take me up. He even waited for my son to arrive and park. We signed the safety waiver (the Stadium is not finished) and put hard hats on. The new stadium is lovely. Our seats up above the plate have more room than our old ones, are comfortable and have cup holders. There looked to be numerous bathrooms for both genders. The eerie thing about the field, which was the best thing about the old stadium, is that it still looks the same. Everything is still the same down there.

I think we are going to enjoy this. That is, when the tickets finally arrive. I called Friday and was told they won’t come until March 31st or thereabouts. That is awfully close to the workout day on Thursday April 2nd.

Henry Frisch

No comments:

Post a Comment