Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Tickets Arrive

At long last the pasteboard strips landed. For some reason no signature was required. And I wasted all morning waiting to sign for them! There may be nothing new under the sun, but Yankee tickets without a signature are a sign of the new way in the Bronx.

My daughter sold her opening day tickets (via Stub Hub) to someone who insisted on the cardboard original. Stub Hub now essentially sells electronic tickets. I think that purchaser will be disappointed. The opening day ticket is as bland as all the rest, not even indicating that it is official game one of the inaugural season. I suppose whoever the purchaser is was fooled by the elegant last game ticket of last season and expected a playoff quality ticket. Oh well.

I split the pack up, gave some out and await the arrival of the minor buyers to get theirs. There is always an anti-climactic feeling after the tickets, anticipated (and paid for months ago) so very long finally come.

Will this be the extraordinary season the pitching staff makes one believe possible? A season like that season of magic, 1998? We shall find out bye and bye.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just me, but I considered 1996 to be far more magical.

    ReplyDelete